Monday, April 13, 2009

Bricks, wires, pipes, doors and more

Had a couple of the of visits to the house and lots more has been happening, Electrical rough in complete, all plumbing rough in complete, insulation for the walls put in, all external door hung (except rear garage and the front door is just temporary) . The bricking has started.
So here are the photos in no real order:

A few holes have been made in the slab in a few places, I guess these will be patched up before any flooring is made but I will follow up with my SS to make sure.



House from the right side, not much change here.


Front right of the house shows the efforts of our brickies first two days of work.



Front of the house.

Temporary front door and a couple of the windows have had the black tape removed to show their bright whiteness, I think they look great but I know I will have to stay on top of keeping them clean so it stays that way.


The bricks are Boral Jarrah and I have noticed that they are very popular as I have spotted numerous other houses with the same bricks.


French doors for the lounge are hung, I have an issue with the one on the left as it is not hung at the same height as the on the right.


The slab has bits on bright paint here and there all over the place. The pink shows electrical work and the green is a duct for the central heating.


Bedroom 4 at the back of the house.


Bi-Fold doors are up. I couldn't resist and opened them right up so I could see what it was like, all I can say is they are going to be lots of drinks with friends in the rumpus and alfresco :)


The bath is in and nailed down.


Central heating unit is installed.


Along with all the duct work.


Insulation for the walls all complete, there was still six packs on the wall insulation left in the garage....mmm I wonder if we could use this to help insulate the internal walls of the master bedroom. Will have to ask our SS.


Here is the gap in the french door up the top, it is also noticeable from the inside so will have to be rehung.


Left side of the house really coming along now.


He might not be the neatest tradie (I'm yet to see one that is) but I could not fault his work to date. Our brickie worked on the house across the road ( A PD Francis 29)before he started on ours and his work there looks great so hopefully the is one area of the build we will not have issues.

A window...it is white.... The mortar will be off white once it dries (I hope!)



The infamous French doors again!


Close up of the Jarrah bricks sitting on a pallet.


Laundry door. All our external doors with be stained wattle dark oak.


And that's all for now, hopefully more to come soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
BelleBeau said...

WOW it's really moving along now!
Yes we had similar issues with doors at least yours are hung the right way to begin with.

Bricks look great to, are you happy with the colours you've chosen now they are all together. Its' hard trying to decide from little sample bits what it will look like in a bigger picture.

Good luck for the next bit!

Cheers
J